Serenity now! How to create your personal mantra 💕
CREATE YOUR PERSONAL MANTRA
A mantra is an ancient spiritual practice that means mind-transport; it is a powerful sound or vibration that you can use to enter into a meditative state.
Take inspiration from these beautiful meditations to create your personal mantra as a conscious affirmation-intention of how you want to feel. It is an easy go-to practice to ground yourself in an instant.
Neuroscience studies show that these affirmations and intentions have the power to anchor you when you feel overwhelmed or stressed.
The most authentic personal mantra is based on your experiences and desired outcomes, and this can be revealed with deeper reflection.
Worksheets can be found in your Savor Life Planner. Here is a mini-exercise:
Prompt, thought starter, affirmation:
Recipe: How to create your personal mantra
Time: 15-30 minutes
Ingredients: Pen, paper, quiet space
Optional Upgrades: Crystals, candles, aromatherapy, favorite music, herbal tea
- Begin writing freely to answer one or all of the following questions:
- How do I want to feel?
- Who do I want to be?
- How do I want to impact others?
- If #1 is challenging, ask yourself contrasting questions to one or all of the following questions:
- How have I been feeling in the last 90 days that is not in alignment?
- Who have I been that is not in alignment?
- How have I been impacting others that is not in alignment?
- Decide what you want to focus on in the next 90 days and write down the statement. It can be long at first, and you will want to edit it to just one word or a 3-5-word sentence, which is easier to remember. Here’s an example:
- I am free of financial worry and feel abundant.
- I feel free and abundant.
- Meditate on this word or statement until you feel the high vibration of this intention.
Do this daily, and you and your mantra will become one.