Savor Soul-Care: Save for a Sunny Day!
We have all been advised to save for a rainy day, but what about saving for a sunny day, too?
Starting a "Savor Life Fund" is life-changing and fun to grow. Here's how it works: Like clockwork, whenever you get your paycheck, invest 1-5% into this fund.
How to Create Your Savor Fund
1. Open a separate "Savor Life Fund" bank account. Transfer 1-5% from every paycheck. It’s an investment in your LIFE.
2. Choose a goal. Refer to your "Savor Life" list in your planner and choose a life experience. Figure out how much it will cost, and watch your fund grow as you set aside money.
3. Start visioning. If you are planning for a dream vacation, for example, create weekly vision pages in your planner. Start cutting out clippings of where you want to go, stay, and eat.
4. Do it with a friend. There’s nothing like getting your friends, family, or support group enrolled in your mission to savor life!
Sometimes it’s essential to leap before you’re ready. When I wanted to vacation in France, I knew I had to purchase the plane tickets, or I would back out because of being nervous about leaving work for so long. Commit and watch the magic unfold.
“As you grow older, you’ll find that the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do.” - Zachary Scott
Here's to savoring life,
Angela Jia Kim, Founder of Savor Beauty
"With clarity comes momentum." - Seema Alexander
We love Jean Tsai's weekly visioning of this inspirational collage! To the right, her "Brain Detox" is clear and concise, making it easy to check things off.
A brain detox is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself to start your week feeling composed, calm, and centered. 😇
Savor Self-Care: Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This is the last month for strawberry season (ends in November), but don't worry. We’ve got you covered with this delicious Peanut Butter + Strawberry Jelly Smoothie!
This #beautyfood power berry is loaded with protein, vitamins B, C + E, antioxidants, copper, and magnesium for good health.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk | beauty fats + vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter | omega 3’s + protein for cell regeneration + hydration
- ½ cup fresh raspberries | biotin + vitamin E, nourishes skin + anti-aging
- ½ cup fresh strawberries | vitamin C for collagen production + elasticity
- ⅓ cup spinach | vitamin A for cell renewal + wrinkle reducing
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut nectar | low glycemic, mineral-rich natural sweetener
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.